Monday, March 7, 2011

DetermiNation

This year I am dedicating my racing to the American Cancer Society. I do this in the memory of those I have known who have lost their battle to cancer -- my grandfather Fred Ashe, my cousin Harvey Laub, our running coach Mike Broderick, my uncle's siblings Ben Gautreaux and Doris Baggett -- I do this in celebration of those I have known who have won their fight against cancer -- my Uncle Max, my friends' son Avi, my former paralegal Brian. I do this for those I don't even know who are battling cancer this very minute.


My race schedule this year includes: the Charlottesville Marathon on April 9, the Potomac River Run Marathon on May 1, the Eagleman 70.3 Triathlon on June 12, Rocketts Landing Olympic Distance triathlon on July 24, and Marine Corps Marathon on October 30. Who knows, there will likely be even more races added to my calendar.

I ask you for your support in helping me meet my own personal of raising funds, but more important in supporting the American Cancer Society in meeting its goals of finding a cure. You can visit my fundraising site at http://main.acsevents.org/goto/gregoryashe to make your contribution.

The great sage Hillel said: If I am not for myself, who will be? But if I am for myself only, who am I? And if not now, when?

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment