Thursday, October 4, 2012

Runner's Hell

It's been a couple of years, but I once again tasted runner's hell last night --- aquajogging!!  Oh brother, I strapped on the big, pale-blue waist belt/float, waded into the "slow" lane of the pool, and started....what? not running, not really swimming either.  Sort of running in place, in the deep end.  Slowly going....nowhere.  Welcome to aquajogging.


Criminy.  At least I waited until 8:30 pm when there were few people in the pool.  I want to wear a sign that says I'm not really this lame!  I can run marathons and ultramarathons and do triatlons, really, I'm just injured.  But all I get is the occasional look from the lifeguard (probably the same look I know I'm guilty of giving), the look that says "is that all you can do?"


Fifteen minutes of runner's hell, I mean aquajogging.  Then I swam a mile (36 fun filled laps), alternating 1/4 mile with the pull buoy, 1/4 mile without.  And the cherry on top of my sundae?  the steam room was closed for repairs.


Later today, I go to the endocrinologist.  What goodies will be in store for me then?


Stay tuned.  Same bat time, same bat channel...

No comments:

Post a Comment