Monday, October 8, 2012

(still not) Running my Ashe Off

Quick update. Went to the endocrinologist on Thursday. Mostly a consult. We talked about my running history, in particular my injury history. Gave the doctor copies of my various MRI reports and DEXA scans. Her first reaction was that stress fractures and reactions, even in the femur, are a risk factor of marathon & beyond training. But she did agree that two in two years likely means some secondary cause. So, she ordered the battery of blood tests and my favorite, the 24 hour urine test. That's my favorite, because I get to store my urine in a bright orange jug in the fridge --- that's not lemonade, kids! I take the blood tests on Monday. So it will probably be another week before all the results are in and we can start figuring out if anything is wrong.


Part of me hopes there is some correctable problem. Correct it and get back to running. I don't want to be told that it's just too much running and that I need to cut back. I'm not ready for that yet.


Meanwhile, off to the pool for more laps.

No comments:

Post a Comment