Monday, May 3, 2010

iRun for Autism

Being injured has made me appreciate what it is like to not be injured and as I return to running I have decided to dedicate my running to more worthy causes than just setting personal bests.  As the great sage Hillel said, if I am not for myself, who will be?  But if I am for myself only, who am I?  And, if not now, when?


So I have decided to join the iRun for Autism team to help raise money for the Organization for Autism Research.  Why this charity?  Charity usually starts at home.  My nephew has Asperger syndrome (a type of autism) and I have more friends than I would have thought whose children also have Aspergers or other types of autism.  So, I thought this would be a great charity to support.

So please check out my donation page: www.firstgiving.com/gregoryashe  and consider making a contribution.  Between my 1 mile swim, 2 olympic distance triathlons, and the Army 10 miler, I will be running, biking, and/or swimming a total of 76.06 miles or 122.68 kilometers.  Perhaps a pledge of $1 per mile or per kilometer?????

No comments:

Post a Comment