Sunday, May 9, 2010

Training Update

Each week seems to get better.  Week 6 of my return to running had me running 4 days, about 3 miles per day, for a total of 13.45 miles.  The best part was that the pelvic region barely felt sore during the Friday and Sunday run!  so that is very good news.  I swam 1600meters on Monday and did my first masters swim on Thursday (what a workout).  To top it all off, I bought a trainer last weekend to be able to ride on my bike indoors.  So this was my first tri-sport week.  I rode Tuesday and Thursday morning for 30 minutes each.  My cycling computer came in the mail on Saturday and I installed it today, so on Tuesday morning I'll finally know how far I "rode" on my bike.  I mustn't forget my walking -- 3 miles on Tuesday, 4 miles yesterday with my wife, and another 4 miles today with my (today we went walking on the Capital Crescent Trail or CCT for short) -- for a total of 11 miles.

It was a good week.

Meanwhile, I am excited that I have raised $226 already in my first week on my iRun for Autism giving page.  If you haven't checked it out yet, please do: www.firstgiving.com/gregoryashe.  I am dedicating this year's training to raising money for autism research (among other folks, my nephew is on the autistic spectrum).

1 comment:

  1. Greg, Soon you will be training for an ironman and I will too

    Jordana

    ReplyDelete